More #EyeOpening reading from the YouVersion #BibleApp: #Radical by David Platt. Reminds me of something Pastor Derrick Golden said during lasts week incredible time of ministry at Amazing Church: “It’s not about the cars”. All this is helping me get focused on #GodsKingdom rather than on what #OurCulture teaches us it looks like to be successful.
“Don’t worry and say, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear?’ That’s what those people who don’t know God are always thinking about. Don’t worry, because your Father in heaven knows that you need all these things. What you should want most is God’s kingdom and doing what he wants you to do. Then he will give you all these other things you need.” – Matthew 6:31-33 ERV
Let go of the lie of perfection.
Release the right to be right.
Simply rest in the fact that you are LOVED.
“Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.”
Hebrews 12:1-2 ESV
(Breakout Session from #ConquerConference2016)
I was so blessed to participate in #ConquerConference2016 and spend an afternoon with some beautiful women as we learned together how to better hear the voice of our #GoodGoodFather through #AbidingPrayer. And the beautiful church we were in recorded our breakout session – so you are more than welcome to join us through the power of technology.
(The information below was included on the handout mentioned in the conference video).
Thank you for joining me in this journey of learning to pray and live from a position of “pre-paid” connection with the only source of Truth and LIFE rather than from a position of constant seeking and chasing for blessings and answers from God.
Key Verse: “If _________________ abides in me, and my words abide in _________________, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for _____________.” –John 15:7
(Write your name in the blank instead of “You”)
- Meditate daily on Key Passage, John 15:1-11.
- Also, dig deep into the whole “root system” of God’s word by finding other passages referencing the same or similar concept of abiding, staying, or uniting with God.
- Commit the passages that touch you most deeply to memory. Write personalized confessions based on these passages and speak them out.
- Checking where you are praying from is just as important as how you pray. Visualize your position in Him (whatever reminder picture He puts on your heart that helps you see yourself as a much loved daughter who has always had her Father’s ear).
- Don’t be afraid of imagination and visualization in your Prayers. God is the author of these concepts – not the new age movement. Consistency combined with a passionate listening style of prayer that incorporates all of the senses God gave you will change prayer from a task that may or may not produce results to a lifestyle of powerful connection with your Creator.
- Abide In Christ: A 31-Day Devotional for Fellowship with Jesus – Andrew Murray
- The Practice of the Presence of God – Brother Lawrence
- God Is Closer than You Think – John Ortberg
- Fervent – Priscilla Shirer
- Hosting the Presence – Bill Johnson
- Seeing is Believing: Experiencing Jesus through Imaginative Prayer – Greg A Boyd
- 10 Confessions for Living – Ilya Golden
We all know people who are breathing but are so very far from alive. Maybe we’ve even lived that way ourselves for a season – in a kind of sleepwalking state where we are practically corpses but still forging through the motions of life. In some ways, this is more heartbreaking than actual physical death because it doesn’t have to be that way.
Jesus died and lives again so it doesn’t have to be that way….
Today my heart is heavy for people living but not fully alive. I am praying for the “same power that raised Christ from the dead” to resurrect the living dead from the spirits of lethargy, apathy, and hopelessness that have been preventing them from living the abundant, powerful, hope-filled life Christ died to give them.
May we all live as ones fully alive so the life in us can resurrect others who so desperately need to experience life… real LIFE (Living In Freedom Everyday).
As the prophet Ezekiel did when he was faced with a vision of of hundreds of corpses (Ezekiel 37:1-14, I speak life into “dry bones”. And, in Jesus Name, those weary souls will have no choice but to dance with joy again because my God has given me power to raise the dead!
So if you’ve been feeling dead inside, you’re not reading this blog by I accident. I speak life to you now in Jesus Name. And open your mouth and use your own words to speak life to yourself. No more corpse-like living! It’s time for your resurrection.
This Sunday at Amazing Church, we are going to sing these words loudly as a prayer over our communities, our families, ourselves.
If you’re in North Texas, please feel free to gather with us in person:
300 Ridge Road
Mckinney, TX 75070
But, around the world, please gather with us in spirit by singing out the powerful prayer:
“Spirit Break Out – Tear Our Walls Down”
So…. the numbers on our Texas thermometers tell us that it is indeed summer. And, I hope you have some good plans for yours…. Perhaps an adventuresome family road trip or a relaxing rest on the beach. But in the midst of all the summer fun, there are still so many hurting people – praying for miracles. So this summer, I challege you… I challenge me: let’s not just “pray for a miracle to come”. Instead, like this song says and our God and Savior demonstrated, let’s #BeOne!
For you, that may look like going on a mission trip or serving at a local shelter or cooling station in the midst of the summer heat. For me, looks like serving my community with my Amazing Church during #AmazingsBigSummer. For all of us, maybe it could look like us putting our phones down for a minute to get close enough to people to know what their needs really are and to take the time to make a difference in their lives.
So, as we step into summer, will you join me in making this a #SummerOfMiracles by committing to #BeOne??